- This event has passed.
Visual Arts Week at 45°
October 1, 2019 - October 6, 2019Free
Each October, the Pikes Peak region celebrates Arts Month as a way to elevate the visibility and importance of arts & culture in our community. The official call to action during Arts Month is to “have at least one new cultural experience with family or friends during the month of October!” The starting point for everything Arts Month is PeakRadar.com/ArtsMonth!
Enjoy 5 hands-on visual art experiences at 45°!
1. Help paint a canvas – choose a color in acrylic paint that reflects you!
2. Create a landscape with swirly lines like Stephanie Moon.
3. Crush rock that will be used for inlay in live edge furniture like Tom Conter.
4. Create texture into an encaustic panel like Sheary Clough Suiter.
5. Feel the differences between various clay bodies like raku, stoneware & porcelain.