Handmade Pottery by Maggie Quinn
- Raku fired plaque enhanced with impressions of aspen leaves, glazed with metallic glazes.
- Each plaque is unique due to the leaf placement and raku firing process.
- 7 3/4 x 7 3/4 inches and approximately 1/4 inch thick
- Ready to hang from the leather string
- Handcrafted in Colorado Springs
The Story of Raku: A specific method of firing pottery that can be traced back to 16th century Japan: “Raku” was the seal awarded to the pottery Jokei by the emperor Hydeyashi. An approximate translation means joy, contentment, pleasure & “the best in all the world.” the glowing red hot pottery is pulled directly from the kiln & placed in a variety of combustable materials that immediately burst into flame creating the glaze colorants^ variation. Each pieces is unique.